By Steven F. Railsback,Volker Grimm
Agent-based modeling is a brand new procedure for figuring out how the dynamics of organic, social, and different advanced structures come up from the features and behaviors of the brokers making up those structures. This cutting edge textbook offers scholars and scientists the abilities to layout, enforce, and learn agent-based versions. It starts off with the basics of modeling and gives an creation to NetLogo, an easy-to-use, unfastened, and strong software program platform. 9 chapters then each one introduce a massive modeling proposal and exhibit tips to enforce it utilizing NetLogo. The e-book is going directly to current concepts for locating the best point of version complexity and constructing idea for agent habit, and for studying and studying from models.
Agent-Based and Individual-Based Modeling positive aspects concise and obtainable textual content, various examples, and workouts utilizing small yet medical types. The emphasis all through is on analysis--such as software program checking out, conception improvement, robustness research, and knowing complete models--and on layout concerns like optimizing version constitution and discovering strong parameter values.
- The first hands-on advent to agent-based modeling, from conceptual layout to machine implementation to parameterization and research
- Designed for college students and researchers around the organic and social sciences
- Written via prime practitioners
Read Online or Download Agent-Based and Individual-Based Modeling: A Practical Introduction PDF
Similar system theory books
Thisvolumeofthe Operator conception: Advances and purposes sequence (OTAA) isthe ? rst quantity of a brand new subseries. This subseries is devoted to connections among the speculation of linear operators and the mathematical conception of linear structures and is termed Linear Operators and Linear structures (LOLS). Asthe- isting subseries Advances in Partial Di?
The current booklet is the results of a 3 yr examine venture which investigated the artistic act of composing by way of algorithmic composition. vital to the research are the compositional innovations of 12 composers, that have been documented via a dialogic and cyclic technique of modelling and comparing musical fabrics.
This course-tested primer offers graduate scholars and non-specialists with a easy knowing of the options and strategies of statistical physics and demonstrates their wide selection of functions to interdisciplinary issues within the box of complicated method sciences, together with chosen features of theoretical modeling in biology and the social sciences.
This ebook presents the 1st complete advent to multi-agent, multi-choice repetitive video games, akin to the Kolkata eating place challenge and the Minority online game. It explains how the tangible formulations of those video games, utilizing stochastic recommendations constructed by means of statistical physicists utilising either classical and quantum physics, have ended in very effective options to the issues posed.
- Robust Control: The Parameter Space Approach (Communications and Control Engineering)
- Non-identifier Based Adaptive Control in Mechatronics: Theory and Application (Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences)
- Optimal Control of a Double Integrator: A Primer on Maximum Principle (Studies in Systems, Decision and Control)
- Book of Extremes: Why the 21st Century Isn’t Like the 20th Century
- Exploring the Security Landscape: Non-Traditional Security Challenges (Advanced Sciences and Technologies for Security Applications)
Additional resources for Agent-Based and Individual-Based Modeling: A Practical Introduction
Agent-Based and Individual-Based Modeling: A Practical Introduction by Steven F. Railsback,Volker Grimm