By Gordon Martel
- Written through extraordinary students, each one an expert of their field
- Explores influential, underlying subject matters comparable to imperialism, nationalism, internationalism, technological advancements, and adjustments in diplomatic methods
- Addresses a vast diversity of issues, together with international relations of wartime and peacemaking, the chilly warfare period and the "new international order", the tip of ecu empires, the increase of nationalism within the 3rd international, globalization, and terrorism
- Chronological association makes the quantity simply accessible
- Includes invaluable publications for extra interpreting and research
Read Online or Download A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Similar political history & theory books
A accomplished evaluation of an important overseas occasions, pursuits, and controversies of the 20 th century. Written by way of special students, every one an expert of their box Explores influential, underlying topics resembling imperialism, nationalism, internationalism, technological advancements, and alterations in diplomatic tools Addresses a wide variety of subject matters, together with international relations of wartime and peacemaking, the chilly warfare period and the "new global order", the tip of eu empires, the increase of nationalism within the 3rd international, globalization, and terrorism Chronological association makes the amount simply available contains beneficial courses for extra analyzing and study
Throughout the Nineteen Seventies, American international coverage confronted a trouble of clashing imperatives-US determination makers, already suffering to take care of balance and devise strategic frameworks to steer the workout of yank strength in the course of the chilly warfare, came upon themselves hampered by way of the emergence of dilemmas that will come to a head within the post-Cold warfare period.
The best way that hobbies converse with most of the people issues for his or her possibilities of lasting good fortune. Deva Woodly argues that the possibility of movement-led political swap is considerably rooted in mainstream democratic discourse and particularly within the political popularity of recent matters by way of information media, most of the people, and elected officers.
The origins of foreign clash are frequently defined by means of protection dilemmas, power-rivalries or gains for political or fiscal elites. universal to those techniques is the concept human behaviour is usually ruled by means of fabric pursuits which mostly contain the hunt for energy or wealth. The authors query this truncated photo of human rationality.
- Principles of Political Economy. (Elibron Classics)
- The Great Brexit Swindle: Why the mega-rich and free market fanatics conspired to force Britain from the European Union
- Machiavelli on International Relations
- Trying to Measure Globalization: Experiences, critical issues and perspectives: 4 (SpringerBriefs in Political Science)
Extra resources for A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by Gordon Martel